Monday, May 18, 2015

My Excuse-Free Home Gym


You are welcome to view my broke-down, no-excuse garage gym.

This guy is not welcome.

I've got an old cut of carpet and a $20 mat to muffle the sounds. Everything here was acquired slowly and inexpensively. I've gotten the most use out of my dear orange kettle bell.
I just raided my brother's damp garage gym. There were literally cobwebs on his equipment, and he said to take what I wanted. So I just picked these beauties up.

They are old and not well cared for, but a little rust never hurt anyone, and they were free, and they go nicely with the spiders and cobwebs in my own garage. I'm chill like that.


 There is always gear and expensive equipment that I yearn for. Right now we live rurally and I can't travel 55 miles to the closest gym. Most of the time I'm on a pretty tight budget anyway and couldn't afford a membership. I'm here to tell you that you don't need a cent to get into shape. I've got a lot less than a lot of people, but I am convinced that becoming fit is all about your mindset. Do you have a set of stairs? A chair? Then all you lack is knowledge of how to use these things to achieve your goals (its called YouTube). There are unlimited possibilities with only body weight exercises and calisthenics.

I'm no pioneer Pudgy Stockton (look her up), but I'd love to see more mothers of large families picking up a barbell or learning what a kettle bell can do for them. The list of benefits range from strengthening bone and joint and muscle to building confidence and bringing order to every day life. With a little iron and determination you can potentially beat anxiety, depression, back pain, neck pain, organ prolapse, and a lousy sex life. Whats not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment