Monday, November 7, 2016

Election Stress Management

Let us go forward in peace, our eyes upon heaven, the only one goal of our labors.
--St. Therese of Lisieux

I've been thinking and feeling and wondering about Christ's mother staying so silent when she was the one person on earth who knew the most about God. There is almost nothing in Sacred Scripture about her. Her thoughts, opinions, her wisdom are mostly a mystery to us.

Then I have considered that Christ chose to veil Himself from most people. Those who searched for Him found Him. Those who were ready for Him, longed for Him, received Him.

The Mother of God was only taking part in this most frustratingly perfect mystery. She understood how grace was at work: Silently.

Nothing has changed. The Messiah is found only by those who long for the Word, as a deer longs to drink.

This is what I am breathing in as the political mayhem unfolds. I've given the silent treatment to this mess, while trying to show charity to those who haven't taken the same path. VERY few of us are called to be preachers and teachers. We must necessarily tend to our own hearts and minds.

I am taking a page from the Blessed Mother's very thin book, and keeping as much in my heart as possible. This is my part as the Almighty does His work. Amen.




She  who is silent everywhere finds peace.
--St. Teresa Margaret


No comments:

Post a Comment