Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Learning to be Quiet


I've found blogging to be more challenging than I had anticipated. I can't stop thinking that for my writing to be worth the read I have to have the answers to questions. I HAVE to be helpful to others in some way. My commentary often feels forced.

Honestly, while I want my own limited life experiences to be useful to others, I have also been feeling strongly of the importance of learning to keep silent. When I get to talking there is often a verbal falling-down-hill of sorts and I say things that are not well thought out nor helpful to any situations.

I am acutely aware of how much I have yet to learn and I am nowhere near the person I want to become. You can see my reservations about blogging. I have passions like fitness, family, and my Catholic faith, but as I have so far to go, I am reluctant to comment on even these things.

One thing does occur to me: only when I learn contentment in silence will I be sure of the right things to say at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment